Thursday, October 26, 2017

Episode 11 - Rewriting the Rules of English

On this episode, I talk about a great concert from Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets.  Then I talk about the WWE.  Then I quickly review some music from Tori Amos and Godspeed You Black Emperor and recommend some TV, in particular Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. I also bid brief RIPs to Robert Guillaume and Fats Domino.  All that, plus I sing the praises of Delmar Hall and Mission Taco, and play the guitar a little!

Here's the player:


Index of Subjects Discussed:
  • 0:00 - Intro Stuff, including RIPs to Robert Guillaume and Fats Domino
  • 4:20 - Review of Nick Lowe and Los Straightjackets, including reviews of the venue (Delmar Hall), Mission Taco, and the evening in general.
  • 31:11 - This week in WWE Wrestling.
  • 41:57 - Batting Cleanup - Tori Amos, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Dirk Gently, and more!
  • 51:05 - Outro Music
And here are some photos!

Bigger version of the thumbnail, basically so I can post it on Facebook.
Nick Lowe's "Jesus of Cool"
Los Straitjackets' "What's So Funny About Peace, Love, and Los Straitjackets"
The shirt!
The pins!
The tacos!
One of my favorite shows airing right now.
Tori Amos - "Native Invader"
Godspeed You ! Black Emperor - "Luciferian Towers"

No comments: